- Mace or Javitri, is from nutmeg,it is the dried outer covering of the seed.
- It has a beautiful yellowish-red tinge and is very aromatic.
- The flavor is similar to that of nutmeg but more peppery.
- An essential in dishes like Pulaos and Biryanis, Javitri adds a peppery edge to the Garam Masala too.
- Its beautiful red hue and orchid like appearance makes any dish look glamorous and thoughtfully prepared.
Its warming undertone with sweeter profiles makes it versatile for savoury and sweet dishes alike.